I was mourning to sydney today that TSC has no artists to bring the
story forward. Well, there's only so much we can do about
that. Currently, the list of remaining bugs is down to 7 entries and the
total of tickets listed for 2.1.0 is 18.
TSC's `devel' branch looks reasonably stable to me, and apart from the
story problem, I think it's good to release mostly. I'm going to take a
look at the remaining open bugs and tickets marked for 2.1.0 and remove
from the 2.1.0 milestone any tickets that have to do with graphics,
because without any artist in sight, there's no hope these tickets can
advance anytime soon. Instead I intend to release 2.1.0 later this year
and couple the release announcement with an explicit request for
artistic contributions. Once the release is out, I'm going to submit a
packaging request to Debian to get TSC back into the Linux distribution
pipelines. Together, this should hopefully leave us with at least one
artist to work on the subsequent TSC2 release.
I am going to have some time available around the beginning of November,
so I think it'd be great to issue the 2.1.0 release in that period.
Currently, I'm improving some rough edges of TSC's build system. Once
I've finished that, I'd be grateful if someone could try building a
Win32 executable using our new MSYS2 support.
Finally, I'm going to use this e-mail to publically apologise to
datahead. I've not placed any effort into the TSC3 rewrite as I
originally wished to do, and as datahead rightly foresaw. That doesn't
mean it's off the table, but for the moment I focus on TSC2. By now I
believe that we're going to see a couple of TSC2 releases before any
TSC3 comes along. I know I'm probably lacking consequence in my
development efforts, but for me this is a free-time project after all,
and as such it highly depends on my current mood.
I finally got around to fiddle with the avatars on
lists.secretchronicles.org. You can now upload and delete your avatar in
, rather than having to commit on the "main-website" repository.
@sydney: The service is a CGI script in
/usr/local/lib/cgi-bin/avatars.rb. It's not under version control; you
might want to add it into the main-website repository and symlink it
into /usr/local/lib/cgi-bin/avatars.rb. I wanted to do that myself, but
was running short on time.