as the project lead of The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. (TSC), I am
pleased to announce that the second beta release of the new TSC version
2.1.0 is now available. The release has been tagged on the Git
repository as v2.1.0-beta1 and has been uploaded to our web server.
The source code can be found at the following URLs:
Source code: https://ftp.secretchronicles.org/releases/TSC-2.1.0.beta2.tar.gz
PGP signature: https://ftp.secretchronicles.org/releases/TSC-2.1.0.beta2.tar.gz.sig
MD5 checksum: 9e8e21e7faf643b190b6467bc1f4aadc
SHA256 checksum: ab4ad741f7a696cbfba1d71c2078581a34f5f80432b7a94ef87f077f083be509
The TGZ file has a total size of about 240 MiB. Please consider this before
Precompiled versions will be made available soon via the website.
What has changed since beta-1?
* A windows build error was fixed (ticket #674).
* The included mruby is now build in release mode if TSC is compiled in
* A parsing error in the script docs parser was fixed.
* Level music is now stopped rather than faded out on death (ticket
* New great title theme music theme_2.ogg (title: Journey of the
Chronicles) by refi64! The title theme has been switched to this.
The music may change a little until the final release.
* Some outdated scripting API docs were fixed.
* Scripting expansion packs are back, and are now loaded from
$TSC_USER_DIR/scripting. A scripting expansion pack is a user-supplied
scripting library for TSC.
When can we expect the final release?
The current plan is to release the final 2.1.0 version early in 2020.
What happens in the Beta phase?
The beta phase is intended to polish the rough edges of TSC. No new
features are introduced into the game anymore, but any bugs found will
be fixed. Additionally, the following changes can happen:
* Addition of new static assets, namely of music and static images
* Addition of translations
* Addition of new levels
* Fine-tuning of the build system (this is not a user-visible aspect)
We reserve the right to make other changes as required if an urgent
Can I help TSC as a user now?
Yes, you can! Please set yourself into possession of a copy of TSC and
play the game. Report any bugs found either here on the mailing list,
on the forum, or directly on our bug tracker at
<https://github.com/Secretchronicles/TSC/issues> (requires a GitHub
Please make levels and submit them for inclusion into TSC 2.1.0 here
on the forum. As of now, the levelsets of TSC 2.1.0 and 2.0.0 are
nearly identical. The TSC team depends on the submission of levels by
users as the work on the C++ code does not leave much time for the
creation of new levels. The TSC team especially welcomes work on
levels that implement parts of the aforementioned story draft.
On behalf of the TSC team.