Post via forum by datahead <cjj_009@xxxxxxxxxx>:
I have revised the discussion list below by adding two new items.
Also, I have now posted the Story Principles document (which outlines discussion items 1-5
and offers suggestions) and uploaded Danfun64's story document to our site. See the
links at the bottom. Lastly, I added the link to xet7's Gitlab installation for item
1. Audience + Target Age Group - "Decide what age group(s) Secret Chronicles is
targeted towards and consider any special needs for the old Secret Maryo Chronicles fan
base, which will be weighed against our new goals."
2. Depth of Story - "Confirm how deep of a story Secret Chronicles will have. Many
traditional platformers have thin stories, but there has been discussion about going
deeper for Secret Chronicles."
3. Themes - "Discuss the possibility of classical works, social issues, Alex's
age and profession, magic, technology, and military hardware as themes. See the story
principles document for more info. This is also related to art style."
4. Level of Cuteness - "Discuss the level of cuteness in the game going forward.
Secret Maryo Chronicles had cuter graphics than even the Mario games, but we have several
options for our fork. See the story principles document for visual examples. This has an
impact on art style."
5. Narration, cinematic scenes, and story formatted text - "Discuss different ways in
which the story can be presented for a platforming game. Dumping text on the screen
usually will not work for this type of game."
6. Discuss Story Submissions - "Discuss the actual content of the story submissions
by Datahead and Danfun64. Datahead has held off on further developing his document until
the above decisions are made, and we need to decide how much of Danfun64's document to
7. Translation websites - "Decide if setting up a translation website is a priority
right now. Decide whether Transifex is an acceptable solution. Decide if any other sites
such as weblate.org
might be preferable. See GitHub issue #196."
8. Bugtracker software - "Discuss Gitlab and any other known alternatives as
replacements for the GitHub issue tracker. Discuss the test GitLab implementation posted
by xet7 at https://git.xet7.org/Secretchronicles/TSC/issues."
9. Life Energy System - "Alex currently grows larger upon collecting berries and
becomes smaller if hit by an enemy, and he can store one item in a box at the top of the
screen. We have discussed replacing this with a life energy system. See GitHub issue
* Story Principles Discussion Document -
* Datahead's Last Story Submission - http://wiki.secretchronicles.de/
* Danfun64's Story Submission - http://team.secretchronicles.de/
Sent by Chessboard.