Chris Jacobsen <cjj_009(a)yahoo.com> writes:
If I understand correctly, if no issues are found in this release
candidate, we will skip release candidate 2 and publish the release to
all distribution channels, correct?In that case, the potential final
release date is two weeks from 07-27-2015, correct?
Yes, that’s how it was planned. Because if no issues are found, why
issue another release candidate with the exact same code? However,
I just want to make sure I communicate all of this to Mr. Vertigo
correctly when I try to email him. However, if it is likely we may be
done in two weeks, we aren't going to have any time for him to
respond, since we need to allow 1-2 weeks to try and get a hold of
him. We might have to consider allowing more testing time if we want
YouTubers to test (though we should first see if we reach him).
if it appears indeed difficult to reach mrvertigo, we can still decide
to prolong the RC1 phase by two weeks or so. I’d rather not do this,
I can also try to contact others such as DevEd about beta testing.
Well, “beta” phase is over now. There was plenty of time to do beta
testing — and there was, just see how many issues we fixed — and the
code now is in a fairly releasable state, with only minor issues left
that will go into the next release. So unless a real big problem occurs,
the code we have now is the code for the final 2.0.0 release.
GnuPG key: F1D8799FBCC8BC4F