with another vote being upfront the door, I deemed it necessary to
finally come to a resolution regarding the voting procedure. Please find
my draft attached. I stripped out any technical details as they’re not
relevant to the interpretation of a voting result, leaving the door open
for whatever exact technical means are useful in the future. This
document thus concentrates on the following issues:
* Who is allowed to vote?
- We have already decided earlier in the last GD that voting should be
restricted to the people who are member of the Secretchronicles
organisation on GitHub. I’ve included that into the document.
* Voting announcements
- Announcement of Vote, Call for Votes, Declaration of Results.
- Two announcements make sure everyone who cares notices.
* Voting procedure complaint
- To ensure the voting procedure is followed properly, each team
member can request it is checked up to 14 days after the declaration
- This is not a measure to enforce a new vote if you missed it. It is
intended for ensuring everyone had equal chance to vote.
- For reference, all vote-related stuff is archived.
The document is short (2 pages), with lots of space between the
different sections. Please read it, comment on it, propose changes if
I want that the document, when all changes are commited, is accepted in
consent by everyone from the team (who cares to participate). This will
generate the democratic legitimation that a voting procedure needs.
PS: For those reading this on the forums (or are to lazy to read
attachments), I put up the draft on my TSC team page: http://team.secretchronicles.de/~quintus/votingrules/
GnuPG key: F1D8799FBCC8BC4F