my thoughts about GitLab vs Gogs:
- For all software I use, I really prefer that it is available, or already translated to Finnish.
- I have translated Gogs to Finnish, and there's also German etc translations already available.
- Gogs requires much less RAM etc resources than GitLab
- Gogs roadmap includes importing also GitHub issues, although there can be some import scripts etc somewhere that could be used
- It's possible to use Gogs as standalone separate install, and as Sandstorm port.
- While it would be possible to use GitLab for TSC In English and Gogs for other projects that need local translation, supporting and managing multiple systems for same purpose takes much more time.